Monday, September 15, 2014

Trivia Night

Every Tuesday and Thursday night Magnolia Motor Lounge hosts a trivia night called Think and Drink Trivia. The event starts at 7:30 p.m. and ends at 9 p.m. Before attending trivia night make sure to gather your team. There is no limit to how many members you have, oh and did I mention that it is a FREE event!! I went with my boyfriend and a group of our close friends. We had a total of 8 people.


How It Works:



So like I said, you start by gather your team. Once you are there you get to create your team name. Our team name was "Cry me a Joan Rivers." (Let me just say that I loved Joan Rivers and I feel as thought she would have appreciated out team name seeing as she was a fabulous comedian and had a great sense of humor.)

Two of my teammates, Emma and Gilbert 
There are six different topics with eight questions within each topic. Our topics that night were:
     - Common Knowledge
     - Alternate movie titles
     - Two states boarder this state
     - Last eight teams to win the super bowl
     - Name that artist and the song title
     - Which DFW brewery is this beer from

You write down all of your answers on a sheet of paper provided by Magnolia Motor Lounge. After each round, the host would come around and pick up our paper. The host would then tally up the scores and let everyone know who was winning. He also read off all the different team names, which was hilarious. There were some really funny and clever names. 

It was really such a fun night to hang out with friends and answer these questions together in a group. I was completely terrible at the super bowl round and the brewery round but I made up for it on the artist and song title round and the alternate movie titles. 

We actually ended up winning 3rd place. Whoop Whoop!

I would definitely recommend getting a group of friends and heading to Magnolia Motor Lounge off West 7th St. for a fun night of laughing, drinking and a little thinking too.

Do you think you would be any good at the trivia topics for that night? 



No comments:

Post a Comment